Tuesday 6 August 2024

Building My Steps

It has been so good to get outdoors and walk. I like to take my time and take in what is around me and going to different places. Today we (mum and step dad) took my son and I to the RAF museum, which was completely free.

A picture I took inside the RAF Museum 

If your kids love planes and helicopters then this is a place to go. I had never heard of it, until today and can get there via Thames Link trains and then hop on the bus, 302 and there is a cafe and playground, along with a Red Arrows 4D experience and simulator of being on an RAF plane.

It was so good to see, and love going somewhere different. 

By going to museums you'd be surprised in how many steps you do and that is the great thing with walking you can work it around your lifestyle, even if it is 10 minutes. One of my neighbours in Epsom in the morning goes for a walk around the block as she walks from home and today I popped to the shop, it was short, but good to get out whilst I have the time to myself and at my own pace.

On Friday I took my son to a park for him to ride his bike, then went on a bus ride and got train and then did some walking along a local river to pick up some shopping and even that can build up your steps and I really enjoy it. 

I know there are other exercises you can do outside, but with walking you can do it anyway you like, and it costs nothing. It doesn't have to be long walks and so I set my self to walk 6000 a day. Now I don't always do this a day its just what I aim for and a rough target. I know I can do this in a day and use the time with my son to walk. 

Walking is great to do with your kids or when they are on a scooter or bike trying to keep up, making sure that it is a safe area to walk and often walk by the river and take in what is around us.

The summer is good for walking and good to walk and not need a coat or a jumper and just stay hydrated to continue to walk on pavements and paths, exploring new places and old, and just enjoy the outdoors and discovering new things. Like the RAF museum and taking it in all of the good things in our world. Times have been tough, but for me walking is my favourite and love seeing how many steps I can do each day. 

There are charity walks you can do. I did the Moon walk for breast cancer and The London Bridges walk for the Garden House Hospice and there are many that you can do.

I hope this gives you the motivation to walk and if you know of some good walks then please let me know. There is a comment box below. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment